I love dining out and trying new types of cuisine. Therefore, on days when I am dining at home, I try to have a clean diet as much as possible. I love carbs and definitely can't sustain a carb-free diet for long. Actually. it is perfectly alright to eat carbs, as long as you choose healthy carbs and eat them in moderation. I am glad that I have discovered Super Life Co.'s White Quinoa. I tried it upon a friend's recommendation and love its nutty taste and fluffy texture You can purchase it from Active Hive located at 65 Ubi Road 1 #02-88 Oxley Bizhub, Singapore 408729.
White quinoa (Keen-Wah) is a superfood originating from the Andes. It contains more vitamins and minerals than brown rice and makes you feel fuller for a longer time and also curbs your appetite, reducing the tendency to indulge in snacks and unhealthy food. Super Life Co.'s White Quinoa is 100% natural and organic and is also gluten-free and dairy free. It contains a high amount of riboflavin (Vitamin B2) which boosts metabolism and strengthens your memory. What is even more amazing is that it is so versatile that you can consume it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am sharing this simple healthy recipe which is my very own creation and you can prepare it in about half an hour.
1 cup of Super Life Co.'s white quinoa
1 table to 2 table spoons of olive oil
3 white button mushrooms and 3 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tomato (diced)
5 to 6 cloves of garlic
1 to 2 table spoons of dried parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
- Stir-fry the garlic till fragrant.
- Add the button and shiitake mushrooms till cooked. Season with salt and pepper and dried parsley.
- Add the quinoa and stir till it is even and well combined.
- Cook the quinoa for about half an hour or till quinoa is soft and the water is fully absorbed.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir till well combined.
- Garnish with dried cranberries and top with some grated Parmesan.
- Dish is ready to be served.